By Sara Scott
3 cups all purpose flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t. ground cloves
1 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. allspice
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 can (13.65 oz) Chai Milk Stout Nitro
1/2 cup butter, softened
7 T. canned coconut cream
4 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Grease and flour two 8″ round cake pans, line bottom pan with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder, spices, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and mix until combined.
- Alternating, add flour mixture and beer to bowl, mixing until batter is smooth.
- Pour evenly into prepared cake pans and bake on center rack for 40-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Using a hand held mixer or stand mixer with the whisk attachment, combine the coconut cream and butter. (The coconut cream may take a bit to fully mix into the butter. Keep mixing! It will smooth out and look creamy.)
- With the mixer off, add 2 cups of the confectioners sugar. Beat on low speed until combined. Gradually add the remaining sugar, scraping down the sides of the bowl until fully combined.
- The frosting will be fairly liquidy. You may put it in the refrigerator until it is a thicker consistency, then frost your cake.
- If desired, top frosting with toasted unsweetened flaked coconut.